The Danish COVID-19 vaccination programme will continuously be updated and revised.
The Danish Health Authorities recommend vaccination against COVID-19 and has determined the order in which the population will be vaccinated. Vaccination is free of charge as well as voluntary in Denmark.
Part of the population in Denmark - for instance, pregnant or breastfeeding women and children under the age of 16 – are not offered vaccination because the vaccines have not been approved for these groups.
Read more about the prioritised target groups and the Danish vaccine delivery:
- The prioritised target groups in the vaccination calendar (in Danish) (sst.dk)
- The Danish vaccine delivery (in Danish) (covid19.ssi.dk)
Notification and booking
Most people are notified via e-Boks when it is their turn to be offered vaccination against COVID-19. People who are exempt from receiving Digital Post will get a letter.
A centrally controlled visitation system ensures that people in the prioritised target groups are offered vaccination. Denmark do have a relatively high level of digital infrastructure, which helps to organize the rollout of the Danish COVID-19 vaccination programme.
When people are offered vaccination against COVID-19, they will also receive information about how to book time slots for the injections.
With the vaccines currently used in the Danish COVID-19 vaccination programme, people must be vaccinated twice. You are considered fully vaccinated 14 days after your last injection. People must book time slots for both injections at the same time.
Regional vaccination centres
The five regions have set up vaccination centres across the country where the majority of people will be vaccinated. Some are vaccinated locally, though, for instance residents in nursing homes.
Much personnel in the healthcare and elderly care sector will be vaccinated in their workplace – for instance at the hospitals, in nursing homes or one of the regional vaccination centres.
- Vaccination against COVID-19 - Danish Health Authority (sst.dk)
- Publications on COVID-19 vaccination - Danish Health Authority (sst.dk)
- Vaccines against COVID-19 (laegemiddelstyrelsen.dk)
- Status on COVID-19 vaccination rollout in Denmark (in Danish) (ssi.dk)
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) Vaccinations - Statistics and Research (ourworldindata.org)